We welcome any questions you may have and have supplied answers to some of the more common enquiries for your convienience.
- Is the accommodation pet friendly?
Absolutely. We love pets! There is a kennel and all the facilities you need for your pets.
- If I’m bringing my pets, where can they sleep?
Pets are allowed to sleep inside, but not on any furniture!
- Are there BBQ facilities on site?
There is an open timber fire barbeque outside.
This is NOT to be used when a fire ban is in place!
- How is the cottage heated?
The cottage has a combustion heater in the living room area which heats the whole house. We also have reverse cycle air-conditioning and both double bedrooms have electric blankets for the colder days.
- Do I need to bring any items for preparing food?
The kitchen has a gas stove and oven and is fully equipped.
- Where is the cottage located on the Neudorf property?
The cottage is 200 meters from the road, which is a dirt road only used by residents and a few locals.
- Will my dog be secure on the property?
While the cottage is not fenced, there is a fence close by which is the border of our land and cows come close by. There will be a kennel available in a few months.
- Can I swim in the dam?
The dam in front of the house is about 3-4 meters deep. The dam is not fenced and kids need to be supervised! In the summer months it’s a great place to swim for people and dogs.
- Is there any information about the area available?
We supply an information folder for our guests which can be found in the house.
- Is there shopping nearby?
There is a General Store in Millfield (5 minutes drive). In Cessnock you will find all the larger Supermarkets which are open every day (15 minutes drive).
- Are there vineyards nearby?
There are a few vineyards close by (5 minutes). It takes about 20 min to drive to the Pokolbin area. It’s about 15 minutes to Cessnock and 15 minutes to Wollombi.
- Are ticks a problem on the property for pets?
We have had no problems with our dogs.
- Does my dog need to be vaccinated?
Dogs need to be fully vaccinated.
- When are the check out times?
4 pm late check out for Sunday and long weekends.
When its time for you to go, please leave the cottage tidy and lock the door behind you. Keys to be left inside on the table.
Remember above all you are in the Country, so please treat the bush with respect!
A leisurely 2 hours drive from Sydney on the doorstep of the beautiful Hunter Valley wineries.